WaveMaker is a visual, drag and drop development platform for building web applications. WaveMaker generates standard Java applications that can run in any Java server. Applications created by WaveMaker can be extended using a standard Java IDE such as Eclipse. |
WaveMaker provides an open source, Java-based alternative for developers wanting to migrate Microsoft Access and Microsoft .NET applications to standard Java. WaveMaker Studio will look and feel especially familiar to client/server developers who are used to working with visual tools like Microsoft Access.
Main features include:
- Drag and drop assembly of web applications
- Browser-based development studio with live data preview
- Automated development of web forms to create, read, update and delete database information
- Web service import using SOAP, REST, RSS
- Import Java JAR files and classes
- Security using LDAP and single sign-on as well as role-based access controls
- One-click cloud deployment
WaveMaker can import and export data schemas from any JDBC-accessible database, including MySQL and PostgreSQL. WaveMaker applications can be deployed from Studio into any standard Java server, including Tomcat, JBoss, GlassFish, WebLogic and WebSphere.
WaveMaker applications are also cloud-ready and can be deployed directly from the WaveMaker Studio to Amazon EC2, RightScale, OpSource, Eucalyptus, IBM Cloud or Rackspace.